06 September 2010

hoarders

sweating the skin right off my skeleton
buried in the snow
outside of my show
you signal for a hit
off of my cigarette
you quit long before i met you
and started again after you left too

i can feel my palms start sweating
i can feel my heartbeat slowing

and i'm quite scared
your friends are burning all our bridges
falling asleep in the middle of nowhere
on a couch inside a basement
quiet television

she said
i wake her up
tossing and turning in my sleep
tangled in the sheets
we tangoed with our feet
i told her this before, i think

nobody can ever throw away their shit
spent the day at your cousin's house
hoarders buried in their clutter
we were buried underground together
our gravestone reads
"inseparable lovers"

i want to take you back to the beach

No comments: